It’s natural to find wrinkles under your eyes as you get older. While they don’t cause any harm, they do make you appear a lot older and this can affect confidence negatively.
They tend to form from the corners of the eyes and outwards, giving the appearance of “crows feet.”
If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see, we have the solution.
Today’s article is going to focus on how to reduce fine lines under the eyes and make your skin glow like it never has before.
Causes of wrinkles under eyes
There are many different reasons that people get fine lines under their eyes. Some of these are due to lifestyle choices while others are caused naturally through genetics and aging. Let’s talk about these different reasons more in-depth.
Aging and wrinkles
You can’ expect to look like your 20 when you’re 40. This means that you shouldn’t get too stressed about age-induced wrinkles because they’re completely natural and everyone gets them eventually. Some men and women experience wrinkles under the eyes as young as 20 while some don’t receive any until they are much older.
Science explains that since our skin is exposed to the outside world and its toxins, pollutants, and other elements all day, it’s often the first organ to show signs of aging. It makes sense, too. Imagine all of the allergens, smoke, and things of that nature you come into contact with. Skin aging often comes along with fine lines, a loss of elasticity, and a rough texture. Keep reading if you want to learn how to cure these symptoms.
Stress and wrinkles
It’s not a secret that stress causes you to age faster. If you’re a stressed-out individual, you need to learn how to manage your stress because it is only making your wrinkles and other blemishes worse. Have you noticed how very happy and calm people tend to look younger than other people their age? Living as stress-free as possible is the reason!
When you’re stressed, hormones like cortisol are released in large amounts. These are responsible for suppressing the immune system, stunting muscle growth, and increasing blood pressure. It forces your body into a fight-or-flight mode which is not what you want. This means that your skin will age faster and not have the environment to heal and become healthy since stress if making your brain think it’s going to die and needs to focus on other tasks.
If you find yourself constantly stressed out, try out the following tips for reducing stress and watch your wrinkles go away quickly:
- Exercise on a regular basis. This can be yoga, cardio, weights, hiking, or any other form of physical exercise that you enjoy. Try to perform the exercise for 20-30 minutes a few times per week at first. Slowly increase how often and intensely you work out.
- Improve your diet. You’ll be learning more about anti wrinkle foods later, but please understand the importance of what you eat and the effect it has on stress. Junk food and processed food cause inflammation within your body that potentiates and leads to stress.
- Try meditating for a few minutes per day. This will help you learn to stay present, balance your emotions, and become calmer on demand throughout your daily life. The goal isn’t to meditate just while sitting down, but being present all throughout the day as you become better at it!
- Spend time with friends and family that make you feel great. This is called social medicine in psychology.
Some individuals are predisposed to getting wrinkles at a younger or older age than others. There is nothing you can do about when you get wrinkles because of this reason, but you can still use the knowledge we’re presenting in today’s article to get rid of them.
Under eye wrinkle treatments
There are many effective options available for fine lines under eyes. Some of them are natural and won’t involve any medication or surgeries, although you can take the latter route for a permanent approach. Follow along as we cover how you can get rid of your wrinkles once and for all.
Under eye wrinkle creams
One of the most common treatment options for eye wrinkles is creams. This topical ointment can be applied directly under and around the eye. They contain various ingredients that improve collagen protection, reduce inflammation, promote healing, and ultimately fade wrinkles before you know it. These creams are very safe and affordable options. The results don’t tend to stay unless you keep using wrinkle creams, however. We reviewed one of the best wrinkle creams on the market by Revitol if you’d like to check it out.
It’s a very smart decision to start with creams and eating good foods for your skin before opting for surgery or strong medication. This brings us to our next point.
Under eye wrinkle surgery
Some men and women try diet, exercise, reducing stress, and other ways to naturally cure wrinkles with no avail. They then opt for surgical procedures that remove wrinkles permanently. These procedures are very expensive and require weeks to months of healing, so they are not for the faint of heart or people with lower budgets. Surgery should only be considered when other approaches have been tried and sufficient results were not found.
Best food for wrinkle free skin
Maybe surgery or medication isn’t for you. No problem. There are many different foods and nutrients you can consume that improve the wrinkles and fine lines found around the eyes. They include:
- Carrots: This vegetable is loaded with vitamin A, which is one of the best vitamins you can consume for skin health. It reduces inflammation, promotes a better skin tone, and helps repair skin damage. Try eating carrots whole as a snack or adding them to other dishes like salads and soups.
- Green tea: Easily one of the healthiest beverages you can consume in general. The antioxidants found in green tea reduce inflammation, redness, and heals the skin. Try drinking a cup of green tea every day or more if possible.
- Kale: Dark green vegetables contain mountains of vitamins and minerals that are essential for reducing wrinkles. Since kale isn’t the tastiest veggie. try adding it to smoothies or salads to make eating is easier.
- Sunflower seeds: These seeds are loaded with vitamin E and protein. Both of these nutrients are needed to build skin tissue, rejuvenate the skin, and make you look years younger. They are a simple-tasting seed that can be snacked on throughout the day, but don’t be afraid to add some seasoning for fun.
- Blueberries: One cup of blueberries contains nearly all of the vitamin C you need in a day. There are many antioxidants found in blueberries like vitamin A and E, as well. All of these vitamins boost collagen production, making the skin more firm and healthy looking.
- Fish: Whether it’s tuna, mackeral, or tilapia, fish of all sorts contains some of the healthiest fats you can get. These fatty acids reduce inflammation and hydrate the skin.
- Sweet bell peppers: Bell peppers contain high amounts of vitamin C, A, and B6. All of these are amazing for skin health and smoothing out wrinkles. Some people enjoy snacking on whole bell peppers, but they can also be added to other meals if you prefer.
Final thoughts on wrinkles under eyes
Having wrinkles under your eyes can lower your confidence and self-esteem. It makes you look and feel a lot older than you are, especially if you’ve got them at a young age such as in your 20’s. But, don’t worry. There are many approaches you can take to curing wrinkles under the eyes.
The first way to do so is by reducing the stress in your life. School, work, relationships, and other factors can really add up to large amounts of stress. While it isn’t necessarily abnormal to be constantly stressed, you need to make an active effort to improve it. This can be done through meditating, making time for hobbies, and spending time with positive friends or family.
Diet also plays a huge role in managing stress and general skin health. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables as they contain essential nutrients and antioxidants for making wrinkles vanish. Similarly, this also means that you must avoid certain things like processed and junk food.
Creams are also very effective since they are affordable topical solutions that are applied directly to wrinkled areas. The ingredients smooth out the skin and promote it to heal faster. Many people report seeing drastic and quick improvements thanks to wrinkle creams.
Surgery and strong medication are the last things anyone should consider for getting rid of wrinkles, but they do work. These are much more expensive and invasive compared to the other techniques we’ve covered today, but do what makes you happy 🙂